SEARCH OUR WINE LIST
Joh. Jos. Prum - Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Auslese 2013
Joh. Jos. Prüm estate (often just called “J.J.”) is situated in the Middle Mosel valley, around the 50th latitude, i.e. in one of the most northern wine-growing areas of the world. The estate today encompasses around 22 hectares (about 55 acres) and their vineyards are planted with 100 % Riesling - mostly ungrafted, old vines.
J.J.Prüm estate aims to express the soil and climate conditions in its wines as authentic as possible, every vintage. Ideal harvest time, as little treatment in the cellar as possible, use of wild yeast and a rather late bottling characterize their wines which need their time to open up, but then show a unique interplay between fruitiness, minerality and acidity and are rather low in alcohol.
Zeltinger Sonnenuhr, being the neighbour downstream the Wehlener Sonnenuhr, has a similar sun exposition in South by southwest and steepness in 55-70% degree, the roots hit on the firm slate rock sooner and are challenged more, there. The village of Zeltingen has nearly one thousand years of vinicultural history. The wines of the Zeltinger Sonnenuhr are usually full-bodied, balance and elegant with refreshing acidity.
Why we would highly recommend you to take this wine?
- Good value with 93 points from Wine Advocate
- Perfect for parties/ family gatherings in X'mas
- Free delivery for the order of 18 bottles
- Ex-cellar stock ( wines come from the winery to our HK warehouse directly ) with excellent provenance and condition
- Recommended Food & Wine Matching: Sour and sweet pork, Peiking duck, spicy food, hotpot, deep-fried chicken or fish, appetite with finger food/ tapas
*Enjoy FREE delivery to 1 local address upon order of 18 bottles. For orders less than 18 bottles, it is welcome to collect the wines at our shop for free.