At The Fine Wine Experience we do something old fashioned when it comes to Bordeaux en primeur – we go, we taste for ourselves, and we offer our own opinion. That you can read in our report.
You won’t see 106 email offers from us during the 2017 en primeur campaign. We are not going to offer all the wines that come through – just the ones we have chosen to buy! There will be a few updates from us as the campaign runs its course, but not too many. Below you can find a list of the wines we have available to offer as of today. Check our prices – we think you will find they are competitive. Also, if you are looking for something not listed, please ask.
2017 is worth your attention as a vintage. Amongst the best reds there is great freshness of style, moderate alcohol, good flesh and juiciness. As a whole it is perhaps dragged down a little by problems with frost (reducing overall region-wide yields but also causing problems at some properties). But often the best terroirs were entirely unaffected by frost, and a warm summer and generally fine harvest have led to some very good wines. It will sit in the shadow somewhat of 2016, though in some cases I prefer a property’s 2017 to their 2016 or 2015. Also, it’s a lovely vintage for the whites. Many of these I am looking forward to drinking young, on their fruit and fragrance, so buying ‘en primeur’ does not seem excessively early a time to purchase.
There are of course some other reasons to consider buying 2017s now –
- You have complete assurance of provenance – you are in control from now through to drinking.
- It’s one month out of twelve in which to focus your attention on which Bordeaux to buy, and doing so once per year like this assures good ‘cellar-flow’.
- You got married, had a baby, or wish to have 2017s for some other anniversary reason.
- You wish to make bottling requests for larger formats. Different chateau offer different options, but we will do our best to liaise to help get you what you want (at a format price supplement to be advised).
Price is ex-château and does not including shipping. We offer the following shipping options:
- Ship to Hong Kong @ HKD 25 per bottle
- Ship to United Kingdom bond storage @ EUR 2 per bottle (please discuss with us at the time of ordering)
SALES TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Unless specified, all items are offered in original wooden case (OWC) of 6.
- Errors and Omissions excluded.
- Payment is due upon receipt of invoice. Payments may be made by cheque or bank transfer. Credit card also possible though 3% surcharge applies.
- The wines are offered subject to remaining unsold. Title to all wine remains with The Fine Wine Experience until paid for in full.
- Wines are not subject to return.
Price comparison of 2000, 2009, 2014-2017; per bottle price in HKD.